My laptop specs:
- ASUS Intel(R) Pentium(R) Dual CPU T3200 @ 2.00GHz
- NVIDIA GeForce 9300M GS 512MB
- Motherboard - PEGATRON CORPORATION X71SL
- 3GB RAM
SO I get the start screen and a list of options:
- Try Ubuntu without installing
- Install Ubuntu
- Check disc for defects
- Test memory
- Boot from first hard disc...
No matter what option I choose it gives me a black screen with a white dash at the left top, and I can't write anything down. I've already tried the 'nomodeset' and I still have the same problem.
So if someone has the knowledge and is willing to help I'd appreciate it!