Installed Ubuntu 12.10 on my 1TB HDD.
- i7 2600k
- 16 GB RAM
- GTX 590 (running all 3 1080p monitors)
- GTX 560 Ti - would like to dedicate to PhysX
- MAJOR nvidia driver stability issues on Ubuntu 12.10.
I have tried:
- Installing proprietary drivers
- Installing open source drivers
- Installing experimental 310 drivers
Results (all of these have occurred on multiple drivers listed above):
- Everything freezes within a minute of logging in.
- I log in and there is no unity sidebar or bar at top of screen.
- Xinerama was really slow and I couldn't adjust the screens.
- Sometimes it will work for a little while then everything will start freezing up.
- Will my setup work on any version of Ubuntu or Linux?
- If I get it running will it be stable?
- Would I be better off running Windows 7 Ultimate? (I'm tech savvy but can't be spending 50% of my time trying to figure out what's wrong with my computer.)
Any advice? Should I give up on Ubuntu?