I have been using U1 to sync my Documents folder across my desktop and laptop (both Ubuntu, both syncing to ~/Documents). However, edited files are disappearing. For a sample file foo.lyx:
- Create foo.lyx on my laptop, save it, close LyX and suspend laptop
- foo.lyx is synced to desktop, appears in ~/Documents
- Open foo.lyx on desktop, edit, and save
- Close LyX program on desktop (so file is not active)
- Awaken laptop, let files sync
- foo.lyx no longer exists on laptop ~/Documents
- Neither is foo.lyx.u1conflict or similar
- Download foo.lyx from U1 website
- Save foo.lyx in original location, after next sync, foo.lyx is gone again
- Re-download and save as foo2.lyx, which persists
I have not tried this to see if it happens with non-lyx files, but it has happened several times to different .lyx files in different sub-directories. The ~/Documents is only synced between these two computers.
Any ideas why this is happening and how I can avoid it? Renaming these files is messing with the inter-document links, not to mention the small moments of terror when a chapter vanishes.