Ask Ubuntu is a question and answer site for Ubuntu users and developers. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

This question already has an answer here:

I want to blur images, edit photos and use layers just like in Adobe Photoshop for Windows.

share|improve this question

marked as duplicate by Takkat, Tachyons, vasa1, hhlp, Amith KK Mar 3 '13 at 11:59

This question has been asked before and already has an answer. If those answers do not fully address your question, please ask a new question.… – Nanne Mar 3 '13 at 8:56
up vote 5 down vote accepted

Try out Gimp. It is a photo editing suite similar to Photoshop that is cross-platform and open source.

share|improve this answer

one more alternative application is krita . you can get it installed by sudo apt-get install krita.

share|improve this answer

Also, you can try Darktable

For install:

sudo apt-add-repository ppa:pmjdebruijn/darktable-release
sudo apt-get install darktable
share|improve this answer
Isn't darktable more like lightroom though? – Nanne Mar 3 '13 at 8:53

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.