I have ubuntu 12.04.02 with kde 4.10 with 3d effects. I have a recent very fast PC. I have a ATI msi R6870 video card fglrx proprietary drivers 13.1. I have used video tearing option to reduce video tearing.
I would like to know the best quality video settings for vlc or smplayer for HD mkv videos. In particular I have seen these settings:
- video output/output driver
- accelerated video output (overlay)
- deinterlacing and deinterlacing type
- gpu accelerated decoding and other codecs options
- filters (i think sharpen is good maybe)
- and other Advanced Video settings