Ask Ubuntu is a question and answer site for Ubuntu users and developers. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

If I understand correctly, each DE have their own Application Switcher (the thing we get by pressing Alt+Tab). My question is, can the Application Switcher be replaced with a different one?

I mean, for example, in Unity environment, can I get Cinnamon Alt+Tab, or maybe an entirely new one? Thanks.

share|improve this question
Each question needs to be a single post. – horIzoN Feb 22 '13 at 16:38

Yes this is possible. first install compizconfig-settings-manager. press alt+ctrl+T to open terminal then typing

sudo apt-get install compizconfig-settings-manager

in terminal. then press Enter and type your root password. wait to install then type


in terminal

and Click Application Switcher in ccsm then Enable this.

you can change default alt+tab key in Next Window to pther key.

Excuse me for my bad English.

share|improve this answer

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.