This question already has an answer here:
I am new to Ubuntu and am stuck. Please help as I do not know much about Linux or command line. I am a Windows 7 user.
Here are the steps I took to install Ubuntu:
- I downloaded "ubuntu-12.10-desktop-i386.iso" file
- Further via 7zip, extracted the Ubuntu iso file in Windows only.
- Ran wubi.exe from the extract and installed Ubuntu in E drive. C drive contains Windows 7 and iso file was saved here only. Wubi.exe downloaded some files for around an hour.
- The installation was successful and it asked for a reboot. I got a screen with some characters and after an hour or so I forced the shutdown.
- On reboot I got the option to select Windows or Ubuntu. On selecting Ubuntu I get this and cannot proceed further.
GNU GRUB version 2.00-7ubuntu11
Minimal BASH-like line editing is supported.
How do I get past this grub prompt?