I'm attempting to install and run the Silhouette studio through Wine. everything goes fine until I crank up the studio- it gets stuck on "initializing..."
Has anyone tried/use the Silhouette with Ubuntu?
1) If a version of Silhouette Studio is installed in Wine, remove it using the "Wine uninstall programs."
2) Add the Ubuntu Wine Team PPA to your sources:
3) Upgrade to the latest Wine (currently 1.5) with
4) Verify that any old version of Silhouette Studio is uninstalled in Wine using the "Wine uninstall programs."
5) Reinstall Silhouette Studio using the "Wine uninstall programs." There is an option to "Add" a program. Use this to select the .exe and install.
6) Repeat steps 4 and 5 until it works. For me it worked the second time.
Similar Question: Program fails with strange errors in Wine