With additional drivers installed and a general updated:
- on boot, stuck at purple start up screen with five orange dots and ubuntu logo.
- Hard drive light turns off
- ctrl alt F1 -F6 are all unresponsive.
- ctrl alt del is the only repsonsive command (restart)
I then attempted without additional drivers installed. After general update and reboot:
- screen goes idle during boot
- ctrl alt F1 -F6 are all unresponsive
- ctrl alt del is the only repsonsive command (restart) upon being pressed, the screen stops being idle for a second or so in which I see the shutting down screen then it restarts the computer.
If I boot in safety mode I can get into a terminal based version with no GUI
I am currently trying 12.10 instead to see if it works.
It does work, except it doesn't run steam, but it actually can boot more than once, now I just have to pick which faulty version of ubuntu I go with, so which is easier to fix
Dell optiplex 755
Core2Duo 2.33 GHz
5GB DDR2 RAM
3 sata hard drives (direct connection to motherboard)
(unused) wirelesscard in PCI slot
ATI Radeon HD 5570 PCI slot 2