Ask Ubuntu is a question and answer site for Ubuntu users and developers. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

Is it possible to distort an image with open source software on Ubuntu?

I know I can skew and stretch, but how can I do something like this?

Basically, imagine all those images being a single png file, how would I give it that curved effect?

share|improve this question
up vote 2 down vote accepted

Ubuntu has an excellent image editing software called GIMP. You can goto the software center, and search for GIMP. As for warping, I think you can do it.

share|improve this answer
Yes you can! Select a region of interest (be it a rectangle or whatever else) and apply the kind of distortion wanted, eg. IWarp – Bernard Decock Feb 10 '11 at 19:00
It would be swell if the two people who down voted also gave a reason so as to why. – theTuxRacer Feb 12 '11 at 12:09

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.