I have downloaded the Ubuntu 10.10 ISO file and am trying to burn it to a blank disc so that I can install it, using Ubuntu 8.04. I have a dual boot system with Windows and Ubuntu.
Here's my experience so far:
- Boot up my current install of Hardy Heron
- Go to install updates. Click on Check and informed that 8.10 is available. Firstly install any other updates.
- Click on Upgrage, get error 'Could not find release notes'
- Manually download entire 10.10 image from the internet
- Attempt to burn to disc using Brasero.
- Burn fails
- Can no longer mount any discs
- Can no longer mount any blank discs, but can mount audio discs
- Restart, now I can mount blank disks
- Right click on .iso image and choose "Open with CD/DVD creator"
- Attempt to burn image to disk
- Wait 20 minutes while disc is apparently burning, for some reason when it is finished it is still blank
- Attempt to burn again with Brasero, burn completes. Asks me to reenter disk for checksum. Checksum check freezes after 10 minutes. I attempt to eject disk and it tells me 100% success.
- After restarting from newly burned CD it shows me a screen with Ubuntu and 5 dots, it stays like that for 10 minutes and then eventually I get an error cannot mount disk.