I am looking to propose a new system internally at work for learning purposes and think that Ubuntu Cloud might be appropriate but I am not sure (a lot of presentations are too sales orientated and a lot of tutorials are very testing based, settting up only a single box etc). As such I had some questions to help me make the decision:
- We currently have very few servers to create this environment with so I want to keep machine dedicated to none nova purposes to a minimum, can I install all services except nova on a single machine and have it run well?
- Can the above setup be easily clustered/duplicated if we want redundancy?
- Can it be easily setup to allow users to create new machines and boot them from ISOs (such as Windows, CentOS etc) via horizon?
- Can each user be capped on how many resources they are allowed to use?
- Can this all be done on 12.04 as we would need the LTS?
This was posted also on the Ubuntu Forums a few days ago but I have had no feedback so hoped the folks over here might be able to weigh in instead.