I've just moved house. In my old house we had a Virgin Media "super hub", and all my devices connected fine. We now have a Netgear DGN1000 and my laptops have trouble connnecting;
- One laptop is a Samsung, running 12.04, using the
- The other is an ASUS, running 12.10, using the
- Both devices have difficulty connecting. They sometimes connect sporadically, but are very slow (1-2 seconds to ping another device on the LAN) and drop connection before too long.
- Wired connections work fine
- We've got 3 Android devices which all work fine over wireless
- The Samsung also has Windows 7, which works fine
- Changing the channel of the Wifi seems to help, but it doesn't completely solve the problem (and has never been necessary before, even in a built-up area with lots of other networks nearby)
For a reason I can't explain, this seems to be Ubuntu-specific. Any ideas?