I'm an old Windows user, and this is only my third day using Ubuntu, so I'm having a hard time understanding most of the terms in the forums.
- My computer doesn't recognize an Ethernet connection at all.
- I've been able to connect to my WiFi, but it drops after a few minutes. Sometimes it reconnects automatically, but more often I can see the available network but am unable to tell it to connect. If I restart it usually connects on its own and then drops after a few minutes.
Is there anyone kind enough to tell me what to do and how to do it please?
Following are my system specs:
- Ubuntu 12.04 LTS (64-bit)
- Pinguy OS 12.04 LTS x86_64
- Kernel 3.2.0-25generic
- Toshiba Satellite C855.
- RAM: 3.8 GB
- Processor: Intel 2.4Ghz x 4
I've discovered how to run a Terminal (
lspci) and have found this information as well:
Ethernet controller: Atheros Communications Inc. AR8162 Fast Ethernet (rev 10) Network controller: Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. RTL8188CE 802.11b/g/n WiFi Adapter (rev 01)