I've been trying to get bumblebee to work for the past few hours with no success. All I get when I run optirun glxspheres is the screen flashing some lines and then a black screen. After this I can't get to terminal or see my mouse cursor and I have to force quit the system and boot again. When not running optirun everything seems to be fine.
Things I have tried, or think I have tried:
Installing linux-headers-188.8.131.52-generic and then installing everything else (including nvidia-current).
Adding the bumblebee ppa and a couple of other ppa's (can't recall which ATM, but they were mentioned in another thread similar to this one).
Minor changes to my bumblebee.conf (Setting driver=nvidia and PMMethod to none (I reverted these back when they didn't fix the issue.
Unfortunately I haven't been able to get the output of optirun because it crashes too quickly, I've tried optirun glxspheres > report but that didn't seem to work.
Here's the output of uname -a:
3.7.0-7-generic #15-Ubuntu SMP Sat Dec 15 16:34:25 UTC 2012 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
The graphics card is an nvidia geforce 660M running on a Clevo laptop.