- I am running a program
- It has been running for close to 30 days now (even more)
- Until around 10 days ago (I cannot be very exact) it used 100% of one cpu on my dual core laptop (it was at the top of top sorted for CPU usage
- Now it is nowhere near the top of CPU usage (top shows 0%)
psgives me the following output
32734 pts/16 1184016092-19:52:29 foo
- The output of
up 46 days, 12:43, 19 users, load average: 1.58, 1.37, 1.82
- It seems to me the TIME value returned by ps, 1184016092-19:52:29, is impossibly large
- The utime and stime returned by /proc/32734/stat are: 85714817892 and 4611685975569777027 respectively.
- I was anticipating a very large output, and I wanted to count the number of lines so I piped the output of
wc -l. In hindsight I should have done
tail -fto see if the program was running.
- Nice value of
foo still running?
Linux rivendell 2.6.32-44-generic #98-Ubuntu SMP Mon Sep 24 17:27:10 UTC 2012 x86_64 GNU/Linux
I am running Ubuntu 10.04.4 LTS
Happy to provide more details if required.