In ubuntu, I can run firefox with the command firefox in Terminal, or click the button in dock or panel.
How does this possible with ubuntu? I googled to find the name launcher, but I don't know exactly how does it work.
- Q1 : How to make launcher? If I make a GUI program, does that mean that I need to create launcher to start by clicking it?
- Q2 : Can I make a launcher for whatever program, even if it's not a GUI program?
- Q3 : How to link a launcher? How can make a link to a launcher in a Desktop to start a program?
- Q4 : The idea of launcher is unique to ubuntu? Or if I have one launcher, can I use it for other distributions?
- Q5 : Why some of the program pops up its icon in Docky (firefox for example), but some of the program doesn't (p4v for example) ?