Has anyone successfully installed Ubuntu (or any other flavour of Linux) on an Intel X79 (Sandy Bridge-E) based system?
My system build is:
- MSI Big Bang XPower II
- Intel Core i7 3930K processor
- 32GB Corsair Vengeance RAM
- EVGA GTX 670 FTW graphics card
- 4x2TB hard drives in RAID 10
- Samsung 830 Series 2x64GB SSD in RAID 0
- Samsung 830 Series 128GB SSD
I am trying to install Ubuntu on the 128GB SSD and I seem unable to successfully boot Ubuntu. Here's what I've tried:
- booting from a USB flash drive as well as DVD media
- UEFI turned on, UEFI turned off
- appending nomodeset acpi=off to boot parameters
- turning off all Intel stepping
- changing power control settings
- Ubuntu 12.04 LTS
- Ubuntu 12.10
- Linux Mint 13
- disconnecting all hard drives except 128GB SSD
Nothing from the combinations of these seem to matter - I simply can't get it to boot. It gets stuck in the same place showing this screen during the boot cycle and the only way out of it seems to force it to shut down.
I would appreciate any help on this.