I'm using Ubuntu 12.10 64bit. When load of CPU is low (0-6%) system is hanging for a moment for example:
- scrolling in text editor, internet browser is not smooth
- music in deadbeef/video in vlc skips
When I run totem or glxgears the problem disappears.
How I was trying to fix that (with no effects):
- set CPU clock to highest
- set GPU clock to highest
- read logs - nothing disturbing
- change DE to xfce, gnome classic, gnome shell
- change clocksource from hpet to acpi_pm
Thanks for any help and hints in advance.
When I turned off acpi (parameter acpi=off in grub config) problem disappeared. But this solution has some cons. I'm sure that there is a better way to do that.