I have just bought a new PC having Windows 7 installed, it has 500 GB disk space. Attached is the screen shot of the disk management
- C:-Installed Windows 97.5 GB
- D:- Kept required data 195.31 GB
- G:- isautomatically made and says system reserved 100 MB
- Rest is unallocated 172.79 GB
Target: I want to have dual-boot system: Windows 7 and Ubuntu 12.04 on my machine.
Problem detail: Trying to install Ubuntu 12.04 desktop edition from USB, but facing issues while assigning the partition.
- I created the primary, EXT4, partition of of size = Free space - 8 GB
- I wanted to utilize this 8 GB for swap size, but i cannot see the space remaining anywhere
I do not know how to provide space for swap at this point..
I am stuck at this point and not able to move forward. Can someone guide how to proceed and create paritition successfully
FYI: I donot want to go with WUBI as it just creates 32 GB. and i might face issues later for expanding the disk. Please advice.