Installing Ubuntu on a Pre-Installed UEFI Supported Windows 8 system
I'm usually using Linux but since I had to use Windows at my office, I was stuck with a Windows 8 PC for a while. After a while I couldn't stand it any more and wanted to dual boot with seemingly easier way.
- I installed Windows 8 first and left a 150GB free space at the end of the disk without formatting it.
- I boot my Ubuntu 12.10 LiveUSB and created /Boot /Swap / and /Home with GParted.
- While I tried to install Ubuntu gave me a warning that I needed to have an UEFI sector too so I created /efi too.
- I chose /boot to install boot sector.
- After I restarted only Ubuntu boots. There is no sign of Windows 8.
- Windows DVD (bootrec.exe) cannot find any existing Windows on my disks.
- Boot Repair (Ubuntu) doesn't show any "Restore MBR" option nor it is able to find any existing installation of other systems.
This is my output from Boot Repair: http://paste.ubuntu.com/1491833/