I am trying to move my Ubuntu installation from disk image created using Wubi to the partition I would like to separate from the main Windows partition. Searching the Internet did not help yet. I am looking for some standard solution of this problem (which I suppose is pretty common).
In more details:
- I installed Ubuntu using wubi on Windows 7 partition,
- the size of the Ubuntu disk image is now 50GiB,
- I tried to apply standard "migrate to separate partition" script (https://help.ubuntu.com/community/MigrateWubi), but cannot resize host (accessible through
/host) partition due to it being used by several processes,
- I tried to use
gpartedfrom the Ubuntu install I want to move.
Some solutions I can think of are:
- resize the Windows partition and create new one, all from Windows 7 environment (eg. using Partition Magic or something similar),
- use some Live CD with gparted to resize the Windows partition and create new Ubuntu partition,
but I was thinking whether there is some more friendly solution (preferably automated one, some script etc.).
Please let me know, if there is some.