I installed the KDE plasma desktop through Ubuntu software center. I am on Ubuntu Lucid Lynx.
After the install, Im unable to connect to my wifi connection in the KDE session. But I can connect to my wifi perfectly through GNOME session. I've tried a lot without much success. Also KDE doesn't store my password correctly and keeps prompting for authorization again and again. Some of the things that I noticed.
- Network is detected, Network name and strength is also displayed. Other characteristics also appear properly.
- When the credentials are supplied, it accepts them and continually displays the message "Setting network address". However this process never succeeds.
- At this stage the password is repeatedly asked many times but the connection is never established.
Some of the other things that I did,
- I have also tried other things like restarting my modem and the computer. That didn't work.
- I tried to restart nm-applet and KNetworkManager. That didn't work either.
- ifconfig display all my interfaces and Mac addresses correctly.
Since its working fine GNOME the drivers are fine. This is sure a KDE specific issue. Other threads related to this on the interwebs don't offer much information either.
Please share a solution for this.