I have a Samsung Np900X4C which came with Windows 8 installed.
My goal is to have a dual-boot setup. I followed pretty much the answer at Samsung series 9 np900x4c-a03us Dual boot windows 7, namely:
- Disabled secured boot in BIOS
- Changed "OS mode selection" to CSM OS*
- Booted from the USB and installed Ubuntu 12.10
*- with UEFI + CSM OS I got some kernel panic errors while booting from the USB
The problem - I can only dual boot if I change the boot type in the BIOS:
- With CSM only I get the Grub options and I can boot in Ubuntu. If I select the Windows 8 option I get a windows error message** and can't boot.
- With CSM + UEFI OS or UEFI only I boot straight into Windows 8
**- windows boot manager - Windows failed to start(...). The boot configuration data for your PC is missing or contains errors.
It seems like I have the traditional grub installed and UEFI boot installed and I can't have both working simultaneously. How can I correct this dual-boot setup? If I did install Ubuntu on legacy BIOS and shouldn't have, how do I correct that?