Ask Ubuntu is a question and answer site for Ubuntu users and developers. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

I've seen this project called One Hundred Paper Cuts, and I'd like to report a paper cut, but don't know how. Can someone please tell me how to go about doing this.

share|improve this question
up vote 17 down vote accepted

Reporting a paper cut is just like reporting a normal bug, which is explained here.

Once you've reported the bug according to those guidelines, there are a few more steps to follow to upgrade it to a paper cut.

  • Add a task for the One Hundred Paper Cuts project by clicking on the "Also affects project" link at the bottom of the list of affected projects, marked here in red:

enter image description here

  • The dialog you see will depend on whether or not this bug has already been reported upstream. If it has, then you can skip to the next step. If it hasn't, you will see the following dialog.

enter image description here

  • This dialog assumes you want to report the bug upstream, but that is not what we're trying to do here. Indeed, the bug should go upstream, but that is outside the scope of this question. Click on the link marked in red to "Choose another project". When you do that, you will see the following dialog:

enter image description here

  • Enter hundredpapercuts as the affected project and click Continue, and you will see the following:

enter image description here

The bug is now reported as a paper cut.

share|improve this answer

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.