I have a ThinkPad x230 in a Mini Dock Plus. It is connected to two ThinkVision displays. Currently I'm using DVI, as I have had trouble using DisplayPort: Ubuntu is a current 12.10 installation, the same behavior was already under 12.04. (In fact, that is the reason why I upgrade...) I will get this error message in specific situations:
[ 287.485294 ] [drm:drm_crtc_helper_set_config] ERROR failed to set mode on [CRTC:7]
Tests I've made:
- Booting the laptop stand-alone and putting it in the dock after logging in works... The error message is still printed to tty1, but the system is working and both displays are active and usable.
- Booting the laptop in the dock results in the error and the boot aborts. (Fall back to tty1) Only the DVI display is working.
- Booting the laptop in dock with only DVI display results in now errors.
- Booting the laptop in dock with the DisplayPort display results in the error.
- Booting the laptop with both displays connected via DVI works.
There are no related outputs in /var/log/dmsg or ~/.xsession-errors as far as I can tell.
As I do not have the matching cable, I can not try the integrated DisplayPort of the ThinkPad itself.
So, the DisplayPort does not work. Does anybody has an idea how to solve this? (Currently using DVI just works fine, but I'd like to get the DisplayPort working.)
Thanks in advance