I recently purchased a new Toshiba Ultrabook that comes pre-installed with Windows 8. I'm trying to dual boot 12.10 with it and I have run into a problem with the installer. When I get to the page to pick the partitions I get this:
No drives are listed and the only thing in that device drop down is
/dev/sda. If I click Install Now or +/-/change I get an "Ubuntu has stopped working" error message.
I'm trying to install off a 12.10 64-bit USB drive in UEFI mode, and I have tried it with secure boot both enabled and disabled with the same results.
The hard drive set up is as follows:
- 500 GB main drive
- windows recovery (primary)
- EFI boot section (primary)
- Windows' partion (280 GB I believe) (primary)
- unallocated space I created for Ubuntu partition (200ish GB)
- another Windows recovery partition (primary)
- 12 GB solid state drive
- all unallocated space
Could it be a problem with the number of primary partitions? I think I read somewhere about a max of 4.