Ask Ubuntu is a question and answer site for Ubuntu users and developers. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

I've just installed Ubuntu 12.10 64bit on dual boot with windows 7. I've been looking for a lot of the things people say to download, like myunity but when I search in the software center, nothing comes up, just stuff like magazines. Do I need to add some ppas for it to see them? What are some that I should add on a new install?

And can anyone help me get myunity on here so I can start customising my desktop? Thanks

share|improve this question
The MyUnity application doesn't support Ubuntu 12.10 yet. There aren't any recommended PPA, you just add or remove them as needed. – mikewhatever Dec 1 '12 at 4:36
up vote 1 down vote accepted

Myunity is not supportable currently But you can use Ubuntu Tweak, it is also nice tool for customization.

Just Run following commands in terminal to Install Ubuntu Tweak.

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:tualatrix/ppa

Here add-apt-repository adds repository

sudo apt-get update

sudo apt-get install ubuntu-tweak
share|improve this answer
I even saw people on youtube saying to use myunity. is it just not updated for 12.10 yet? – Jordan March Dec 1 '12 at 6:58

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.