if I run Minecraft with OpenJDK 6 or 7 on my Ubuntu 12.04 machine, it eats nearly of the CPU and I have lags during minecraft gameplay.
What I have tried so far:
- start minecraft with something like
java -Xmx2044M -Xms1024M -jar minecraft.jar
- Using recommended Nvdia drivers
- Using latest beta nvidia drivers
- Tested minecraft with both openJava Versions (6/7)
- Switched between Unity 2D and Unity 3D
- Verified that I am using the latest graphic engine that is used by Minecraft (LWJGL)
My machine is an AMD Phenom 955x using Ubuntu 12.04 with a Nvidia GTX 275
Until now nothing changed the bad performance of minecraft. Suggestions are much appreciated, thank you in advance for any help!