I'm running Ubuntu 12.04 and after splitting a single tex document into multiple files I noticed a strange bug. Here are the steps to reproduce the problem on my machine:
- Opening Kile, it automatically restores the files that where open on last use.
- Switching to a different open file, either by clicking on the tab or using the Alt+Left/Right keys.
- About one second later the panel content disappears (except the program's title 'Kile') and the menu bar is integrated into Kile's program window.
- Another second later, the panel again fills up with it's original content (in serveral steps) and the menu is reintegrated into the panel.
- The same happens on opening or closing files - which automatically changes the selected file tab - when there is more than one file open at a time.
My system is up-to-date and restarted the computer but the problem persists.
Now my questions:
- Does anyone know what could be the reason for that?
- Where could I find log files to track down this problem?