I have ESXi 5.0 installed and when I am installing Ubuntu Server 12.04 LTS (32 bit) it is giving an error saying grub installation failed
Here is a screenshot of the error:
- I have other Ubuntu servers running fine on this esxi server, so I don't think problem is with ESXi.
- I have 32 GB of ram spare on this ESXi and have given 2 GB of RAM to this 12.0 LTS VM.
- I have allocated 2 processor cores.
- I have tried supplying different ISO Image to this VM as I thought the 1st image that I downloaded has errors. But that's definitely not the case as all 3 different ISO images that I downloaded of Ubuntu server 12.04 LTS (32-bit) can't be corrupt!
- Just to make sure that the Image does not have problem I used that Image to install it for testing on stand alone system. it works fine there!
- This is a production ESXi server which I can't play with, however I can play with the Ubuntu Server 12.04 LTS (32-Bit) VM that we have created on that ESXi.
Here is more information for another attempt:
For this install, I've given 1 core of the XENON processor, 1 GB of RAM and 20 GB of HHD.
I have used LVM with the automatic partition manager (where I do not have to create partitions manually).
I do not have any working Ubuntu 12.04 LTS image installed anywhere. :(
I tried installing Ubuntu 12.10 on the same VM which worked well, however that is of no use to me as I need Ubuntu 12.04 LTS only for testing purpose.
Please let me know if you need any further details.
I need help on this as soon as possible, as the go live date of this server is really close.