this post may include my own stupidity, so as much as I'm wallowing from sadness, I just would appreciate some help.
Originally my HDD is in 2 partitions (total combined of 160GB, I think) in C: as 140++GB and D: as 10GB.
due to the crash, I decided to run Ubuntu, then decided to install it.
What happened as following:
- Ubuntu installer crashed.
- Boot up using usb boot key (created using unetin)
- Discovered there was totally 0MB free of HDD space (due to Win8 trying to repair itself
- Saw a new partition of 3.7GB (i think this was the Ubuntu file)
*Due to the fact that I do not have any form of external HDDs, and I needed to install a new OS so that i could continue work (i know, lambast me for this, blasted thundering typhoons) I proceeded as following.
- Gathered all personal and work files into one big folder, it was 70GB
- While still in "try ubuntu" mode, proceeded to delete every known file except for the one big folder of personal and work files.
- installed ubuntu. this time it insisted on DELETING and INSTALLING ubuntu.
- proceeded with installation.
- another what seemed to be a hang occured, but i decided to be patient and sleep it off.
- woke up to find this:
My predicament lies within 2 thing:
- Is my drive wiped and repartitioned by Ubuntu? (that means total loss right?)
- Assuming all is not lost, Can I retrieve the files? (by mounting or anything?)
add-on: previously somebody suggested trying sudo mount command:
This is what I did
ALT+F2, then typing in "sudo mount 160 GB Hard Disk" and "sudo mount [160 GB Hard Disk]".
(the name of the HDD, oddly can't be changed). But has yielded no results.
the name of the HDD displayed is "160GB Hard Disk"
What more can I do?