So, Im gonna make a point to ask this question a couple of ways for the sake of wording, and how it might trigger a memory that someone might have experience.
Heres what I have:
1. Two hard drives 2TB each.
Heres what I did:
1. Activated Raid0 striped → fakeraid via bios (legacy controller MBR)
2. Later on, activated Raid1 Mirror → Other half of the drives.
3. Backed up raid1 (essential files) → to that second raid = the Raid1 Mirror.
This is where I broke it: (Semi sorta on purpose)
1. deleted one drive, knowing (somehow) I could ultimately restore via the mirror.
2. Installed ubuntu to that drive.
3. Attempted to use “Disk Utility” , “Gparted” and “partitionmanager” to mount it/save it or even read it.
Now im sure if I absolutely had to, I could throw the drives into raid, and rebuild the mirror...
But is there a way for me to:
3. emulate a full controller (by creating a 1GB Virtual image, and raiding it with the physical drive)
4. Emulate the FS (Mount it without)
Thanks in advance for any information you might have.