There’s an issue with an Alpha/Beta Release of Ubuntu, what should I do?
- I have Windows 7 installed in a primary partition and wanted to install Ubuntu 12.10 in a new partition.
- Even before starting the installation, I knew that I might run into a few problems because the partition I was installing Ubuntu on was displayed before the W7 partition in the Disk Manager of Windows.
- After the install, I didn't get a GRUB menu on reboot but was directly booted into W7.
- A used a LiveUSB to boot into Ubuntu (Try Ubuntu) and ran the BootRepair software with the recommended settings. It showed an unsuccessful, the result
- Now, I'm still directly booting to W7, but have access to the LiveUSB. Can someone guide me on how to have GRUB displayed on boot?
- Ran BootRepair again with Advanced settings...the new results