This is my first hand experience with Ubuntu and whatever steps I have taken I have taken after going through various posts.
My windows Vista Home Basic has crashed and I want to recover the data from my internal Hard disk.
Here are the steps that I have followed:
- Downloaded ubuntu-12.04.1-desktop-i386.iso and created a bootable USB.
- Changed the booting sequence to USB and started Ubuntu Desktop
- Now I can see following on View->Computer 320 GB Hard Disk: New Volume 320 GB Hard Disk: New Volume 320 GB Hard Disk: OS
- I am able to copy the data from the first two
- Now when I navigate to OS\Users\XXXXX\Documents or \Pictures or \Downloads or \Music or \Videos I don't find any data there.
- I had a lot of data on "My Pictures", "My Downloads" and "My Documents" but none can be seen now.
Please help me out in recovering data.
Thanks and regards Lokesh