I installed Berkeley's BOINC software in Windows and I loved it, however I'm having the following problems using it in Ubuntu 12.04:
1) The software doesn't appear in the systray, only in the Unity dock (left side)
2) I can minimize BOINC to the dock but when I open and close other program it maximizes again, wich is very annoying
3) The software can't be closed, it only minimizes to the Unity dock, and nothing happens using right click and close either
4) The software doesn't start at startup or as a startup application
5) It doesn't have a screensaver like in Windows
I know it's a lot a problems, but I hope they can be fixed, because I love to use this software, and knowing it's open-software it would be a shame it didn't run on Ubuntu like it should.