Somehow after upgrading to 12.04, my virtual machines always boot with an attempt to boot from the network first. See this:
while I don't have any PXE configuration set:
- to disable SPICE, by changing the
/usr/bin/kvm-spiceby editing the XML.
- Ctrl+B to configure the iPXE, but it doesn't let disable this as a boot option.
- setting another type of NIC - not an option, I need
virtiofor performance reasons. However,
e1000edoesn't work either.
- removing the NIC: works. However, I need network.
- Googling around. Hard. Lots of result is about failing configured PXE boots.
Not a big issue, but it increases boot times by 50-100% here (booting from SSD), so it's relatively long and annoys me.
How can I disable this and boot from virtual hard disk directly?