Ask Ubuntu is a question and answer site for Ubuntu users and developers. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

I want to take a look at the source code for the Layout Based Switcher. I know how to use apt-get source <packagename> to pull source, my problem is kde has an awful lot of packages, and I'm not sure in which one to look.

The Layout Based Switcher looks like this:

enter image description here

share|improve this question
up vote 1 down vote accepted
  • The layout based switcher is part the KDE Plasma workspace and is provided by the kde-workspace (source package)
  • The technical name for the "layout based switcher" component is TabBox, and its source can be found inside the kwin/tabbox directory of the kde-workspace source.
  • For more information, see this KDE Dev Page
share|improve this answer

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.