First of all, I am not a geek and I am totally new to Linux.
I want to try 12.04.1 LTS on my Dell Inspiron 15R laptop. I want to know whether the hardware of the laptop is compatible with Ubuntu and they'll just work with Ubuntu as fine as they work with Windows 7.
Following are my hardware specs as I found. Can anyone tell me, will they work fine and the machine will run smoothly?
- RAM : 8.00 GB DDR3-SDRAM (1333 MHz) Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)
- i7-2670QM CPU @ 2.20GHz Optical Drive – Hitachi HL-DT-ST DVD+-RW
- GT60N Mother board : Manufacturer Dell Inc. (Product 0HVRTT)
- Chipset : Intel PCH HM67 Network Card - Realtek PCIe FE Family
- Controller Network Card - Dell Wireless 1701 802.11b/g/n Bluetooth
- Port - Dell Wireless 1701 Bluetooth v3.0+HS Video Card 1- Intel(R)
- HD Graphics Family Video Card 2- GeForce GT 525M (GeForce GT 525M)
- Sound Card - IDT High Definition Audio CODEC