Ask Ubuntu is a question and answer site for Ubuntu users and developers. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

This is what I'm referring to.

Can I use such a keyboard design [Ubuntu 12.04.1]?

share|improve this question

Both the ibus-anthy and scim-anthy input methods support japanese thumb-shift keyboards, though there may be some customisation required.

You may need to first install japanese language support under System Settings -> language support, then set the keyboard input method to ibus -> Japanese -> anthy.

Some more information:!topic/ibus-user/lnoCRoIEBZk

share|improve this answer
Thank you. Now I get it. – M4TT4CK Sep 8 '12 at 0:03

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.