I am trying to run ubuntu off of USB. Here is what I did:
- Checked USB formatting. confirmed that it is FAT32
- From instructions on this page I downloaded (Universal USB installer).
- From this page I downloaded ubuntu 32 bit onto my windows PC.
- I ran the universal USB installer as per the instructions here and successfully (seemingly) downloaded everything onto the USB
- Restarted computer; hit esc. for start up options; F9 for list of options but then Flash Drive is not an option.
I don't know what I did wrong but last week I took a class using this same computer where flash drives were provided with Ubuntu and I was able to boot right up, no problem. I think I missed a step putting together this USB.
Any assistance would be appreciated.