I cannot figure out where to install the boot loader on my Zenbook UX31A Prime. I have installed Ubuntu many times on normal hard drives, but this is the first SSD and I am struggling.
Installed Ubuntu 12.04 64-bit selecting "UEFI: general" boot entry.
- Installation type: Something Else
- Created partition /sda5 mount as /, /sda6 mount as /home, /sda7 mount as swap
- Selected /dev/sda for boot loader installation. Other options are /dev/sda, /dev/sda1/dev/sda3 Windows 7 (loader) ...
Grub comes up with 6 entries
- Ubuntu - this runs great
- Linux 3.2.0-29-generic recovery mode: mode hangs with "fb: conflicting fb hw usae interdrnfb vs EFI VGA - removing generic adapter"
- memtest86:erro: unknown command `linux 16'
- memtest86 serial: unknown command `linux 16'
- Windows 7 (loader) (on /dev/sda3): invalid EFI file path
- Windows Recovery Environment (on /dev/sda8): unknown command drivemap, invalid EFI file path.
My workaround for booting Windows 7 is hitting ESC during boot, windows boot manager comes up and * for booting into Windows 7 I select "WIndows Boot Manager (PO: SanDisk ....". * for booting into Ubuntu I select ubuntu (P0: SanDisk...)
How can I boot into Windows from Grub?