Ask Ubuntu is a question and answer site for Ubuntu users and developers. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

which is the equivalent of Partition Magic for Ubuntu?

share|improve this question
What do you intend to do? Be more specific. In general, to modify partitions you can use GParted. – wolfv Sep 2 '12 at 15:42

Gparted is what you're looking for. If you need to resize the partition of your current OS you'll need to use a live cd like the one Gparted provides here or you can use something like System Rescue CD which also has Gparted built in.

Good luck!

share|improve this answer
thank you very much – Marco Sep 2 '12 at 15:54
@Marco if you think, this is the answer, you can mark it as accepted by clicking on the light gray tick mark. thanks :) – Anwar Shah Sep 2 '12 at 19:01

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.