I would like to create a short clip of me playing Minecraft, an OpenGL game. The usual screencast recorders do not properly record OpenGL.
What kind of software is available for this purpose?
My experience with the software in the similar (but no longer duplicate) question:
- kazam: very low framerate despite setting to 60 FPS, no sound, unity menubar constantly flashing through the fullscreen window.
- RecordMyDesktop: max framerate setting is 50 FPS, but the video becomes extremely fast if not using the default 15 FPS.
- xvidcap: not available on 12.04
- tibesti: not available on 12.04
- wink: does not run
- ffmpeg: very low quality video and no sound with the recommended settings, might be tunable though (no gui unfortunately).
- kdenlive: uses recordmydesktop, and the recorded clip becomes corrupted
- aconv: video sped up, often broken image, no sound