(I'm using Ubuntu 12.04 LTS 64 Bit)
I have some problems with my laptop's (Sony VAIO VPC-F22S1E) battery . It's fullly charging about 3-4 hours (while using) and 2-3 hours (when shutdowned) . And it's duration is only 1-2 hours . After 2 hours using, it's completely empty (actually i'm praising, if it longer for 2 hours). Also, i'm checking Ubuntu's remaining battery time panel,
As you see, it says 1 hour 39 minutes. But when i check it 10 minutes later, it's 1 : 09 , and 20 minutes later 1 : 35 . As you see, it's very unstable.
I went to Sony's technical service. They measure somethings and tell me "battery's all values are normal, there is no problem with your battery" . This is my battery details :
I'm not sure why there is a problem.
results of command)
lspci | grep VGA >
01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: NVIDIA Corporation GF108 [GeForce GT 540M] (rev a1)
My PC usage details
- I'm not playing games on my PC (seriously)
- I'm a web developer, and always working with text editors (Sublime Text 2)
- Apache2 web server always online on my computer, but i'm not sure how much battery using
- Bluetooth always disabled .
- I'm using Wireless network connection, always.
(please comment, if you need other details)
What i need ?
- Advices for finding problem with my battery
- Finding my battery drainer applications, and kill them.
- Advices for charging (for example, should i use voltage protected power socket? and Shouldn't i use my computer while charging it)
Why it's NOT duplicated with other questions.
Because every computer user different, installed different applications, using at different places and users have different computer knowledge (I'm not a Linux expert because of this i need step by step answers , generally).
Done a quick search but couldn't find any enough information about my problem. Beause of this, i'm asking this question. Please don't tell me "IT's duplicated with blah blah blah , close this question !" .
Thank you :)
About (Sony VAIO VPC-F22S1E)
The graphics chip, HD Graphics 3000, in the processor is disabled (no Nvidia Optimus). The Geforce GT 540M can therefore not be disabled.