I had been trying to install Ubuntu 12.4LTS on my netbook Eee PC 1011CX with preloaded Windows7.
- I successfully created a bootable USB stick (http://www.ubuntu.com/download/help/create-a-usb-stick-on-windows) following pendrivelinux.com
- Then with Esc key at powering up, I could pick the bootable USB and load Ubuntu successfully. Ubuntu loads, so far so good. Now I decide to install it "within win7" dual boot. Now here is the issue:
- With Esc key, I could see that there are three devices listed to pick: (1) The main SAT drive, (2) Generic USB 0.0, (3) UEFI generic USB 0.0 -- out of these three, options (1) and (3) load Win7, and (2) is what loads Ubuntu.
- But when I get into BIOS using F2 key to change the boot order, I see only device options (1) and (3) listed there. Option (2) "Generic USB 0.0" is missing.
- So: the system cannot reboot into Ubuntu during installation process and the process is terminated every time the system restarts. Installation doesn't proceed even if I manually pick to install using Esc key. Is there anyway to ask BIOS to show the generic USB option? I have tested the USB on another machine, and also I have tried doing the same procedure using an ext.HDD only to see the same trend.
Please advice. Thanks.