I have an old Macbook Pro 4,1, which I had loaded with 12.04 when it was released. Yesterday I took out the laptop and applied some 480mb of updates and rebooted. Since then it is stuck at the Ubuntu logo with 5 dots. I've waited for about half n hour but it doesn't proceed.
I've tried hitting 'e' key during booting but it doesn't get me into edit mode. From online forums and blogs, this seems like a graphic driver issue (nvidia-current) but I'm not sure how to get to console or boot menu to do something.
Here's what happens -
- A light blue screen (Mac boot screen) appears when I power on MBP
- Only Ubuntu is installed on the laptop, so it directly tries to boot Ubuntu
- I get a blank screen with an underscore flashing on top-left corner of the screen
- Then I get a blank purple screen for about 5-6 seconds before getting the Ubuntu logo with 5 dots
- It gets stuck on the logo screen forever
How do I proceed on this?
Thanks in advance.