This is quite annoying. For some reason I can not hold anything with my mouse.
- I can not drag a window by holding its title bar.
- I can not move the scroll bar of any window by mouse.
- I can not even select text
- Alt+Click on a window does not move it.
All these tasks are related to dragging. And this dragging is not working. The problem steps are,
- Left click anything but dont release it
- Move the mouse now.
At this time it'll appear that you didn't left click earlier. So your mouse moves but no text is selected or not nothing is moved/dragged that you clicked earlier.
- This is a Logitech wireless mouse. I also restarted and unplugged the usb wireless receiver and plugged it again. problem remains.
- I haven't edited compiz settings. In fact use default settings. Never edited.
Before the problem arose, I had 3 video files opened with VLC player. 2 of them were playing at the same time.