I'm having a bit of a problem while installing Ubuntu 12.04 on my PC. I have used both 32-bit and 64-bit versions of it but they both seem to freeze at around the same point during the install (both from a USB flash drive, I don't have a CD drive).
What happens is after selecting either
install to hard disk or
run from CD all the codes scroll down the screen right before the GUI loads, at
[4.968597] mousedev: PS/2 mouse device common for all mice the screen goes off for a second, then comes back on except it's frozen.
I can still turn on and off the
Num Lock and
Scroll Lock, but not
Caps Lock. I have tried pressing
Ctrl+Alt+F1 but nothing happens.
This is all happening before the language selection.
Am I doing something wrong?
My PC is definitely powerful enough to run it. I have:
- Asus Crosshair V Formula
- AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition (no overclocks)
- nVidia GTX550Ti (no overclocks) - I think this might be the problem, I hope it isn't
- 8GB Corsair Veangence LP 1600MHz DDR3
- Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM 500GB (unplugged at the moment)
- Western Digital Scorpio Blue 7200RPM 500GB (using this one as main HDD)