Having some problems with 12.04 LTS not wanting to recognize my FakeRAID setup.
- OS: Ubuntu 12.04 LTS 64-bit, Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
- Motherboard: GA-990FXA-UD5
- CPU: AMD FX-8150
- RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1866MHz 32GB
- Graphic: 2x MSI Radeon HD 5770 in Xfire
- HDD: 4x 1TB Wesdern Digital 7200rpm 3,5' << these are the ones in a FakeRAID setup
- HDD: 2x Kingston HyperX 120GB 2,5' SSD (one for Windows 7 and one for Ubuntu 12.04 LTS)
When I try
I get this response:
root@ubuntu-pc:~# dmraid -r ERROR: pdc: zero sectors on /dev/sdd ERROR: pdc: setting up RAID device /dev/sdd ERROR: pdc: zero sectors on /dev/sdc ERROR: pdc: setting up RAID device /dev/sdc ERROR: pdc: zero sectors on /dev/sdb ERROR: pdc: setting up RAID device /dev/sdb ERROR: pdc: zero sectors on /dev/sda ERROR: pdc: setting up RAID device /dev/sda no raid disks
Right now these disks are empty, but I did test the RAID in Windows 7, which worked fine after installing the drivers.
Also, using cat I get this response:
root@ubuntu-pc:~# cat /proc/mdstat Personalities : [linear] [multipath] [raid0] [raid1] [raid6] [raid5] [raid4] [raid10] unused devices: < none >
edit: OK, last time I did that cmd, personalities turned up blank.
Anyone have any ideas how to get my FakeRAID to work? OR how to make Ubuntu's SoftRAID to be recognized in Windows 7?
I need to be able to make 2 partitions on it; 1 NTFS (for windows apps) and the rest EXT4 for mounting my /home folder in.